Monday, October 25, 2010

Back To School

Wow, a four day weekend was just what I needed! We managed to get a lot of housecleaning done. I had time to catch up on my school grading and planning. I even made out a new schedule for the week. I would love to post our daily schedule, but I don't know how to do that on here! Here's the basics:
  • We are getting up at 7:00. I run first while the older girls get ready and get the little ones ready. Then Em and Grace take their turns on the treadmill. Having them run in the morning is such a great thing. It especially helps Grace to get some of that extra energy out right away in the morning. It seems to help her through the whole day!
  • I have basic school scheduled in the morning and all the leftover stuff after lunch. That would be things such as reading out loud to the girls, having Sophia and Grace read to me, and any other projects that need to be done.
  • Music practice comes after school and after nap time. Then we have some time for some daily house cleaning.
  • Then it is pretty much supper and evening chores and bedtime.
Today didn't go as planned exactly because I had to run into town for a chiropractor appointment and I took Grace in to get her new glasses. But, as long as we are able to finish the major school things in the morning, then an afternoon here and there of missed school isn't such a big deal. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and hoping for a feeling of accomplishment by the end of the day!

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I just happened upon your blog this morning (by the way, I've enjoyed reading several of your posts) and noticed in another post that you were planning a trip into Sidney ... would that be Sidney, Mt?

    My husband was transferred to Williston,ND almost two years ago and we are now in the process of selling our house in S.E. Texas and preparing for a move to the Sidney area.

    Sooo, If you are near the Sidney, MT area, I have a question because we also home school ... I was wondering if you could share any information about the local homeschool group/s in that area? I've tried finding information from the internet without any success. If you'd like, you can e-mail me at trudybmk at yahoo dot com

    Thanks, and I look forward to "stopping by" again soon.

    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mrs. B! I am so very glad you found us on here! I will be emailing you very soon with some information on homeschooling in our area. I peeked at your blog, it's wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ShellyKay,

    I really appreciate any information you can share ... thank you.

    I'd also like to thank you for the quick visit by my blog, I pray you were bless by your visit and I hope you will be able to stop by again soon.
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete