Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Homeschooling My Little Girls

This picture shows what a good homeschool morning looks like at our house.  Typically when Sophia does her phonics we try to involve the other two little girls.  When we do the letter flashcards, Sophia says it first, then Allison copies what Sophia said.  Then I simply show the card to Lydia and say the sound and she repeats it to me.  I think they are really picking up a lot with just this small activity.  Then while I finish Sophia's lesson, Allison and Lydia draw on mini white boards. 

After our lesson on the letter J today, the girls did a coloring page.  More than the coloring, they really enjoy cutting their pictures out and gluing them  on construction paper.  We also looked up a Jellyfish in one of our Encyclopedia's so they could see a real one.

Sophia and Allison made these puppets yesterday for school.  We were a bit late because they were supposed to be done with the letter E.  But I had them all printed out and I thought they were cute so we did them anyway.

2 comments:

  1. It's so funny you mention that your "littles" enjoy the cutting out and gluing even more than the coloring...mine definitely do, too! We should invest in glue stock right now, I think, because the amount we're going through is definitely increasing the demand for the stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! We either go through it really fast or it gets left out somewhere hidden in the cupboard and gets all dried out! :)

    ReplyDelete