Monday, October 26, 2009

Fire Safety Week

Our neighbor is the fire chief and he is nice enough to remember us during fire prevention week every year. He stops in with hats and coloring pages for the kids and answers any questions they have about fire safety. I think I do most of the question asking though. I was quite surprised at how much Em and Grace had forgotten since the last year. Sophia really took an interest and kept asking if there was a fire here how would we get out and here and here. She also liked learning the stop, drop, and roll drill. The embarasssing thing for me was that last year I believe I promised to fix our fire alarm situation. I about died when we checked them and I realized that NOT ONE alarm in the house was working. That is so scary! Well, I will be ready for him to come back next year. We are now set with working fire alarms, a carbon monoxide detector, and a fire extinquisher. Let's just pray we never need to use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment