Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Emily's Essay

Emily had to write an essay for school. It was supposed to be a descriptive paragraph about her experience with language. She chose to write about when she uses language to tell Allison bed time stories. I enjoyed it so much I thought I would share it.

When Allison Goes to Bed
by Emily Paulson
When Allison, my little sister, goes to bed, sometimes she will ask if I can read a story to her. But when I tell her a story it is not out of a book. I always imagine things in my head and form it into a story.
Allison is a very good listener. When I tell her when something bad happens in the story she always gets a worried face! That is how I tell that she is listening. Sometimes my other sisters even like listening to my stories.
But when my story is over it is time for Allison to go to bed. I tuck her in and give her a kiss and hug. Sometimes she wants me to tell her another story, but I tell her that we have a lot of nights left for story telling time.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, blogger editing drives me crazy. I don't know why when I put spaces in and indent, it never shows up. I need to learn how to format on here.

    ReplyDelete