Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sign Language

Tonight was our last night of sign language class. This is an adult education class that I signed myself, Emily, and Grace up for. We took it about three years ago, too. Brooke was able to go with us then, but this year she is busy with Strings that night. So for two hours a night for 10 weeks, we meet at the local high school to learn sign language. It is such a fun class! It is a lot of work for me to set up babysitting and make sure we are ready to go to class on Tuesday night. But once we are there I am always so glad that we did it! The girls and I really enjoy our teacher, she makes class so much fun! We have also gotten to know quite a few people through this class. It was nice to go back this year with some experience. We were able to pick up a lot more this year to add to what we learned the first year. I do wish we could spend more time practicing and using sign language in our daily lives. But when it comes down to it, it is hard to have the patience to wait for someone to sign something and then try to understand it! But it is still a great class and I am so thrilled at what we have picked up from it. Will we go next year? I'm not sure, it is quite a time commitment so we will just have to wait and see how busy we are next fall. But even if we go every 2 or 3 years I feel like it benefits both the girls and me!

2 comments:

  1. Care for the kiddos is the main reason I didn't attend this year. I really, really wanted to join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you! But you can't go wrong putting your kids first. Your time will come when they get a little older. Hopefully we can meet up at class one of these years, but until then we'll have to keep in touch through our blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete