Monday, February 15, 2010

The Perfect Homeschool Day...Well Morning Atleast




Yes, that is right, we had a great morning this morning. If I could dream up my homeschool world, this morning would be every morning! I managed to crawl out of bed at a decent hour (7:00 in case you are wondering) and onto the treadmill for a quick run. Then a little breakfast, a shower and ready for my morning chores. All the while the kids were up, in good moods, getting their chores done. Things just went so smooth! The best part of it all is shown in these pictures I took. I even had time to make up some banana bread with the bananas that have been waiting for a very long time to be used. But what was great was that while I was mixing it up, Lydia was busy eating crayons in her high chair, Allison was coloring and helping me, and Sophia was working hard in her workbook. The older three were quietly working at their desks in the bedroom. I only had to go in to answer an occasional question for them. This was the morning that homeschool dreams are made up of and the reason I choose to homeschool. I need to make this happen more often. We also managed to have lunch at noon, read for 20 minutes today to the little ones, and read to Em and Grace from the book we have been trying to finish, topped off with a 20 minute nap! :) I enjoyed a little computer time in the afternoon, followed by some pretty major housecleaning by all of us. Roast was in the crockpot, made by Grace after lunch, potatoes in the oven, thanks to Brooke. We finished up our day with a nice supper with Josh and our evening chores. My big discovery for the day...put Allison to bed and down for naptime in my room...amazing. Okay, I admit, there was a little bit of craziness with the cleaning and phone calls about our house(which we are selling), and I didn't get the girls' school corrected. But all in all, it was a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment